Wednesday 11 December 2019

Wednesday

Good morning!  It's another chilly morning out there but not cold enough for a frost.  It looks as if it will be a fine day according to the BBC - that would be nice.

I have a new decoration.  I do like my Christmas wreath, made by a friend (I taught her son in Y1 ages ago now) who has her own business.  I try to support local initiatives as much as I can, especially people I know.  Victoria does courses and 'wreath days', it seems, although I have missed all the news about these.  She's going to make sure I get info about them next year so maybe the photo in twelve months time will show a home made one!


The GP appointment.
Blood pressure up, cholesterol up.
Ho hum!
Blood pressure meds have been increased and I'm going to try lowering the cholesterol by diet for six months and then we will be reviewing the situation, as Fagin sang.
I have to do another five day blood pressure check starting on Friday for five days and then get back in touch if it's either not gone down or it's gone down too low.
Also I 'probably have a bit of a chest infection' and have an 'in case' prescription to take if I start having temperature spikes.  They don't like you taking that sort of thing unless it is really necessary (and nor do I) so it's down to my common sense really.
As I said above, ho hum!  At least it wasn't a waste of time going.

I felt quite wiped out when I got home so had a pretty restful day.  Apart from tuition, there was nothing on the timetable so that was good.

Today is good hair day as the lovely Sharon is around to make me look civilised again.  Then, in the evening, I'm going to watch the Infants' Christmas Show.  I'm really looking forward to that and it's my Christmassy thing for today.  In between, I am making that biscotti that I didn't make yesterday and will be investigating the whole lowering cholesterol thing.  I must do something!

Today's Christmas music is a carol I knew as a little girl, brought up on the Methodist hymn book, as 'Jesus, good above all other'.  When I got to secondary school I had to re-learn it as 'Quem pastores laudavere.  I love it because of the flowing melody; it's actually a very old song at heart, from the fifteenth century.
This version is a Rutter arrangement.  His harmonies can be wonderful and I'll be posting a few more of his carols in future posts.
xx


8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your medical problems and I think you are quite right to hold off on antibiotics until necessary. by the way did you see the program on bbc4 about the history of some of the well known carols. It was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it a repeat? I think I've seen something similar in previous years.
      Thanks, Diane. They warn us about taking antibiotics unnecessarily and building up a resistance, don't they. I'll see how it all goes and, hopefully, I won't need the prescription at all.
      xx

      Delete
  2. The wreath is lovely and I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun creating your very own next year.
    I'm sorry to read about your health issues and I hope you'll soon be on top of them. It often feels like it's one thing after another doesn't it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right at the moment it really does, Jules. I think also not being quite 100% has dragged me down mentally so it's a bit of an effort to stay sunny side up! I'll get there though.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The wreath is beautiful

    The cholesterol lowering drinks are expensive but they do work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the Benecol things in the little bottles? I'll investigate them, thank you.
      I love that wreath. It says 'welcome' to me.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Please hop over to my blog and see my entry on time-restricted eating. I am trying it out at the moment (not a great time, with Christmas coming up) but I'm not sure how it would mesh with your SW system. One of the results of the small case study was lowered cholesterol in some participants. Worth a try, say I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found your blog and am now following. I'll be very interested in how it goes, thanks.
      xx

      Delete