Thursday 18 July 2019

Thursday

. . . and a very early good morning to you.  It's been one of those sleepless nights and I ended up coming downstairs and doing stuff rather than things going endlessly round and round in my mind.

In the end I got a reasonable amount of stuff done yesterday.  I went to Aldi fairly early which was good because it was comparatively empty and I didn't have to queue for long at the checkout.  I managed to get everything on my list, which was good.
Then I wandered along to look at floor coverings and saw a couple of definite possibilities that, I think, will go nicely in the downstairs loo.  I won't get anything actioned until the middle of August anyway so there's time to just ponder.
After putting everything away, I did some housework and a spot of gardening before Beth turned up to work.  Then, later on, I did some mending/turning up clothes so I'm glad that's done.

Today, Beth and I are going to 'And Sew On' to choose fabrics for the bed covers and the bunting she is going to make for me.  We had planned to go about three weeks ago but other stuff got in the way.  It should be fun - expensive but fun!

Then, this evening, it's SW group.  Now that pottery has finished for the term, I'm back to my Thursday group and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.  I'm not looking forward to the weigh in results quite as much after a holiday but what will be, will be.  Ho hum!

I'm starting to feel tired now so I think I will try for some sleep.  At least I don't have to worry about getting to work after a sleepless night nowadays.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you managed to get some more sleep, Joy. I was a little restless myself last night but the anticipation of a full cooked breakfast means I feel quite awake already.
    Your day ahead sounds quite relaxing and a bit of fabric browsing will be fun. Fingers crossed for your weigh in. You may be pleasantly surprised. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be, we will see. Better to know than not anyway!
      I did get more sleep, thanks, and I have time to snooze today, should I need to. Your breakfast sounds nice. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I always fall asleep within minutes, but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night feeling wide awake and know it will be an hour or two before I can fall back asleep. No worries now that I am retired, and don't have to be "on" before a classroom of children the next day. And it doesn't happen very often. Hope you had fun shopping and a nice surprise at SW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what happens to me. Not always but it seems to go in waves!
      xx

      Delete