Monday 14 January 2019

Monday: part two!

Good morning.  I'm home again after a very enjoyable swim and a trawl around Matalan, breakfast to the right of me, coffee to the left!  It feels great!

Yesterday was good too.  It was such a pleasure to get back in the pool after quite a long break and I could feel my mood lift.  It stayed up all day which suited me fine.
I knitted and stitched up and stuffed and generally sorted out all the current projects so now I have a blue bear and a yellow bear and Mrs Frost and a Snow Mouse.




I enjoyed knitting the snow mouse but the construction instructions are not as clear as Jean Greenhowe's instructions are and I had to make some sensible guesses.  It worked out OK though and now I have started one of the carol singer mice.

Then, in the evening, Beth popped round for a chat which was lovely.

Today is quite busy which is why sleeping in this morning was not such a Good Idea.  I have a little time now but then Knitter Knatter Club starts for the term so I will need to get there.  Then it's my stint with Foundation Stage followed by tuition.  It's just as well I planned so much last week that I have everything I need for this week too.

So I will stop nattering now and get everything sorted and ready to avoid rushing later on.  Have a good day, everyone.

11 comments:

  1. The figures are all lovely, Joy, you've got so much talent and patience. I can't knit to save my life....I can crochet, as you know, but simply don't have the patience to do small, fiddly things - I stick to blankets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blankets are too big for me and I admire you your patience. :-D
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the blue and yellow bears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I did think I might do a rainbow of bears as I have so, so much yarn going spare.
      xx

      Delete
  3. They are all adorable, but I especially love the mouse! Beautiful work. I admire your determination to swim. I had joined a water aerobics class last year, but between the 20 minute drive each way and the bother of clothes changing and going out in the cold weather, I gave it up. I'm not lazy, but I do hate to exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy swimming although I'm not all that good at it. It's partly getting back in the habit and partly making the time. Thanks for the lovely comment about the snow-mouse.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I just love those teddy bears - I might consider doing one for my granddaughters if they are not too difficult - my knitting skills are limited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not very difficult although shaping the head made my ands ache a bit at one point. Definitely worth giving it a go, I think.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh, they are gorgeous, especially the mouse.

    ReplyDelete