Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Wednesday, 23-09-26: just another day!

Morning, all.  Yesterday started off quite gloomy but brightened up beautifully a bit later on,  before clouding over again.  The evenings are definitely getting chilly though.  I'm eyeing up my crocheted blankets!  😉

Chris and I drove to Groove.  I'm finding that the classes I am going to are not comfortable for my knee but afterwards it feels a lot better, so that's great.  Groove was fun, Lindsey was in top form and there were lots of laughs.

I decided I ought to be a responsible governor and get my Safeguarding update training done so that's now all ticked off and recorded.  I also started ploughing my way through Keeping Children Safe In Education which is compulsory reading.  There's a lot of changes this year and it is a mega huge thing so I will take it slowly.
If I can get it finished today, I can sign to say I've done it and my conscience is clear.  I won't remember it, of course I won't, but I will have done the necessary.

There's nothing in the diary today so I think I will tackle some of the autumn gardening.  Not the tomatoes - they are still giving generously - but the cucumbers are over and the rhubarb is dying back.  Next year I can pull some and enjoy it but this year it will feed either the green bin or my compost..

I've just been out to pick tomatoes.  I didn't pick yesterday but even so, eeeek!!!  And I haven't shown you what I already have and not used . . .

More passata to make today.  Frozen in those silicon lego blockthings, they take up the least amount of room and I will use them through the winter and spring.

And some to give away too, definitely!  Chris, Tracy next door, Beth and Alex . . .

Finally, I have a very short shopping list so I'm going to pootle off to Morrisons at some point.

Have a good say, everyone.  Enjoy the last dregs of summer while it lasts.  See you tomorrow.  xx


3 comments:

  1. I was wake ed by torrential rain at 5 am this morning and then it turned into a beautiful sunny day with a breeze. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool and cloudy here today. Fall is definitely moving in very quickly.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night was the coolest it's been for a while, here. It's been a beautiful sunny day. X

    ReplyDelete