Monday, 20 July 2026

Monday, 20-07-26

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to sunny Monday.
Yesterday was nice and gentle.  I baked bread, cooked meals, took the bread round to Beth and stayed for her delicious home made soup with some of the bread for dinner/supper.  We ate out the back - she has a flat and thew outside space is communal.  Everyone is very friendly and chatty and it was lovely.

Today is another not doing very much sort of day.  There are no classes this week.  It is a Kay-day so while she is working her magic downstairs, I will give my bedroom a clear up and then attack the weeds.  You'd think they would have the decency to shrivel up and die in this dry weather but, dear me, no!  Pesky things.

That's it, really.  It is officially the first day of the summer holiday round here so it feels very appropriate to be doing nothing much at all.  :-)

Bye - see you tomorrow!  xx

11 comments:

  1. Our school closed on 26th June and will reopen on 11th August. The children have had wonderful weather for all of that time. I have stripped the bed right down to the mattress today so three machine loads will be needed to do everything. It’s sunny and warm so hopefully it will all dry quickly. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - of course, Scotland's holiday are different. Yes, they have had some fantastic weather and it hasn't been so hot further north.
      I did my bedding too - it's just waiting to be ironed now. xx

      Delete
  2. I went to our local crochet group this morning, lovely chat as always.
    Salad for lunch, all the veg homegrown which is hugely satisfying.
    A quiet afternoon planned.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how lovely (all of it). That sounds like a very lovely day. xx

      Delete
  3. That 'first week of the summer holidays' feeling never quite fades, does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it doesn't, and I wouldn't want it to either. It's such a good feeling! :-) xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the more comfortable weather, and the "summer holiday" feeling. We still have another month (almost six weeks, actually) before things will become slightly autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such a lovely feeling what with the comfortable sunshine, the sense of freedom, the general well being, despite all the usual niggling concerns. Ind I love that autumnal vibe too - the slightly smoky slight chill and the leaves gradually decking their autumnal clothing. It's such a blessing to appreciate all the wonder around us. xx

      Delete
  5. Nothing seems to kill weeds. I need to get out tomorrow (if there is no smoke) and weed a bit more in my garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those weed burner things - I think I need to get it out for some of the more persistent weeds. Weeds are definitely the consummate survivors.

      Are the fires really bad? Smoke sounds most uncomfortable. xx

      Delete
  6. Those small moments of pleasurable routines we build into our days are special. I’m talking to my tomatoes too Joy - I wonder what my neighbours think 😀
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete