Half way through September already - how is that even possible?
Just an ordinary blog today - because life goes on.
The journey home on Sunday was as expected. We left Almeria in glorious morning sunshine and landed to teeming rain!!
The last time I used Stansted (in the 1990s!!!) it was a small, friendly, easily negotiated place and I really enjoyed the experience. Suffice it to say, it has changed!
The last time I used Stansted (in the 1990s!!!) it was a small, friendly, easily negotiated place and I really enjoyed the experience. Suffice it to say, it has changed!
Almeria, on the other hand, gave old-Stansted vibes. Small, easily negotiated, friendly people, one - just one - duty free shop and space to breathe. At Stansted, it felt like miles of duty free to negotiate, crowded, over stimulating - just not very nice really.
Anyway . . .
I got home just after four and didn't do much at all!
On Monday, I went to circuits and did washing - the ironing is still sitting in the basket; I really do need to get that done - and slept quite a lot.
Yesterday, I went to Groove and in the evening I was out at the Harvester with Beth, Linda and Julia. It was a lovely time, as always! In between, I rested - lol!
Yesterday, I went to Groove and in the evening I was out at the Harvester with Beth, Linda and Julia. It was a lovely time, as always! In between, I rested - lol!
Today, Sharon is coning to deal with my hair, after which time I will feel normal again! There's that ironing and some housework and I'm sure I will snooze too. I'm still feeling weary! :-)
And I will work on the next bit of the Spain account (or recount, as we used to call it in school)!
Have a great day, all. Take care. xx
Getting back to normal routines after a holiday always used to feel slightly strange to me, meals and bedtimes etc, takes a few days doesn’t it
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon.
Yes, it does. It's just vaguely unsettling until the old familiar vibe clicks in again. But it's also so nice to be home again :-) xx
DeleteBearing in mind where you live it is surprising you have used Stansted so little over the years. I, too, remember it as feeling more like a coach depot than an airport and enjoying departures from there in the '70s and '80s. After the most recent up-grade it has become more of a giant shopping mall. There is more emphasis on retail than traveller comfort. It is my nearest airport so I try to fly from there when possible and there is a train link from my local station. Rachelxx
ReplyDeleteI know - my holidays have pretty much all been UK based until recently and Crete was from Gatwick.
DeleteI totally agree with what you say regarding retail and shopping being the prime consideration bit that's life nowadays, I guess. I just prefer the smaller, friendlier place it was before being developed into 'London's Third Airport'.
And don't get me started on the roundabout system that feeds it , the M11 and the A120!!
How very convenient to have a train link though! xx
I used to drive down but the car parks scare me now. It used to be easy but now it is booked in advance and colour coded and number plate recognition! Finding the correct colour park when driving alone is not easy! I now take the train.
DeleteI would too (or the bus). Peace of mind is such a good thing. xx
Delete