Really sorry - I wrote this on time and didn't post it by mistake. Ooops!
Morning, everyone. Welcome to Monday, so close to the end of the month now. It's a bit of a dull start and predicted to stay that way most of the day but that's OK.I'm not great at topstitching but am really enjoying it, all the same!
I got my four loaves baked, You saw the photo of the yeasted ones which took all morning. Lindsey's sourdoughs took all day and were baked in the evening. I tried something I read somewhere and didn't do all the stretch and folds, just a good knead to start with and one more set after first rising. They've risen fine but I will have to ask Lindsey what the crumb is like.
And I've finished KCSIIE! Yay! I found that a summary of all the changes was one of the appendices so I really have finished and I fervently hope I don't need to refer back to it during the year although, in the interests of thoroughness, I will go over the SEND section again, me being the SEND Link Governor. It's a weight off my mind!
Today is busy!
First of all, there's circuits at Shimmy Studio. Then it's a quick freshen up and change before catching the bus into town to meet up with Alex. Beth's birthday is coming up and we're doing some birthday and Christmas present shopping together before we have lunch. I'm really looking forward to it.
I think Beth has been dropping him a few heavy hints!
I might get a few bits for my own present list too, if I see anything.
Finally, once home (leaving Alex in town for something at the library), I need to drive over to Beth's with some tomatoes and her bread. I should have taken them yesterday but rather thoughtlessly enjoyed a couple of glasses of nice red with lunch and I have a strict rule about no alcohol if I'm driving.
I might get a few bits for my own present list too, if I see anything.
Finally, once home (leaving Alex in town for something at the library), I need to drive over to Beth's with some tomatoes and her bread. I should have taken them yesterday but rather thoughtlessly enjoyed a couple of glasses of nice red with lunch and I have a strict rule about no alcohol if I'm driving.
In the evening, I have some paperwork to look over for a meeting tomorrow but that shouldn't take too long.
If there's time, as all my payments, etc, have been made for this month, I will probably close this month's spreadsheet as see what (if anything) can either go into savings or carry over - probably the latter, what with Christmas spending, etc.
I think that's it. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything. Have a lovely day, everyone. xx
I think that's it. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything. Have a lovely day, everyone. xx

That's such a delightful cross-stitch, Joy. I expect it's really lovely to work on.
ReplyDeleteI'm just like you with the no drinking rule. I don't touch a drop if I'm driving. X
I think it's the only way to be certain that we are as safe as we can be.
DeleteIt is very pretty and quite a challenge but, yes. I'm loving working on it. xx
What a lovely stitching project.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
It's pretty, isn't it. If I finish it soon, I might get it framed or just put it in a ring and gather the back so I can hang it somewhere over Christmas.
DeleteI have another I bought at the same time so I have plenty to keep my hands occupied. xx
Lovely cross stitch project. I'm still working on my beaver.
ReplyDeleteHow is it going, Sharon?
DeleteAnd thanks. xx