Friday, 12 November 2010

Friday evening

. . . and I had forgotten. Poor A, it was non uniform day today and - well - concentration was not the foremost thing on their collective mind for some of the time. Having said that, I was so pleased with what they produced, so it couldn't have been too bad!

And now it's the weekend. I've just finished giggling over Len, Craig and Alex rolling up their trouser legs and doing a little knee dance on Strictly and now I really ought to go and sort out the kitchen - but I probably won't! After all, it *is* the weekend now (did I already say that?).

The main 'cook' thing this weekend is Delia's spiced red cabbage and apple, destined for Christmas dinner by way of the freezer. I am sure freezing improves this dish. I recently ate the final portion frozen after last Christmas and it was absolutely gorgeous. I know some think Delia old hat now but, my goodness, she has given the world some cracking recipes both in the past and also in the present. I think she's fantastic.

Not this evening though - this evening is R & R. After all, it's the weekend! :0)

No comments: