Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Tuesday morning


A cold morning with wonderfully clear skies and a promise of a fine day. Fingers crossed! It would be wonderful if we could get to Sissinghurst on a fine sunny day but it looks as if Mum didn't sleep all that well last night, so may not be up to it. I will have to wait and see.

I can't believe there's just three more days here and in only just over a week I will be back at school. Where has the time gone? I'm sure the holidays never zoomed past so quickly in the olden days: they seemed to stretch away to the horizon, endlessly alluring. Now it's a quick glance and they've gone! I could blame the government (after all, doesn't everyone else), global warming, the recession, but I suspect it's got more than a nodding acquaintance with the getting older syndrome and the undeniable truth that time is relative, not absolute. Such a shame . . .

So - today. A nice slow start, definitely. I might get dressed soon and go on a blackberry hunt before mum and dad wake. Mum was up when I emerged but has now gone back to bed. I hope she's managed to get back to sleep for a while. Then a friendly discussion about the day over breakfast. Then we will see. Aaaaah - holidays!


Photo: Earlier this morning.

No comments: