Thursday, 26 August 2010

Thursday


Last day at Streele Farm. Home we go tomorrow , Mum and Dad and I, back to everyday life again. It's been absolutely lovely here, despite the less than favourable weather, but I'm starting to long for routine, order and familiarity. Most of us, I think, are creatures of habit at heart and thrive best in our own normalities.


So - today! I'm really not sure what we will be doing. At the moment it's still raining after a very wild night, and although the wind has calmed down a bit, it's still pretty strong. We will see how it all develops: we might go out and we might not. We will see.


One thing I do want to do is pick more sloes. Sweffling posted a sloe gin recipe for me (many thanks, Sweffling) and I know I don't have nearly enough yet. I'll take the chance on them not being completely ready, I think, and if I have any left over, she also gave me a recipe for sloe jelly which looks interesting. I'll also grab some more blackberries, if possible - you can never have too many of them!


Photo: an edited picture of a sunrise or a sunset - I forget which.

No comments: