Monday, 31 May 2010

Monday morning

Happy Bank Holiday to one and all!

My resolution for today: to get the RE and PE comments into the reports!

DD and DG go home today. DD arrived back surprisingly early yesterday afternoon, having had an absolutely trouble free journey around the top of the M25. She had some interesting tales to tell of the Tonk 'community' of breeders, and is pretty hopeful that she has some options for breeding from Indigo. Not that I understand these things at all, but DG got the impression that Indie's pedigree is quite good, better than she thought. That's nice to know - I think! She also had a pleasant time at the hotel overnight. Two swims, one nice dinner, one glass of very expensive wine and a hooooge breakfast!

The pork tenderloin DG and I had yesterday was very tasty. I seared it all over and then roasted it (wrapped in foil) with chopped shallots, chestnut mushrooms and a flavoursome eating apple, peeled, cored and sliced, with some good quality balsamic vinegar drizzled over it all.
If I'd had the ingredients, I'd have made a cream sauce with the juices that came out in the cooking and it would have been scrummy. As I didn't, and because of DG, I made gravy and it was also delicious. And there's enough left over for dinner today - can't complain about that.

It's been a lovely weekend. I've spent hours in the kitchen, pottering and concocting and generally having a very satisfying time, but all good things . . . as the saying goes. One can try to be careful, but, at the moment, the name of the game is losing, not maintaining, so it's back on the wagon tomorrow morning (and leftovers today!) And isn't that a fine collection of sayings? :0)

So, the last notBodychef day is:
B: Scrambled eggs on toast
L: Sweet potato and lentil soup; fruit
D: Roast pork tenderloin; maybe a few new potatoes; cabbage and broccoli; lemon and lime sorbet
Snacks: dried fruit, Brazil nuts

No comments: