Sunday, 28 March 2010

Sunday evening









It's been a lovely, peaceful weekend after quite a hectic week. Today has been gorgeous, topped off by tea with DD and DG (rather than them coming here) and the chance to take some last photos of Indie and the three remaining kittens before they go to their new homes tomorrow and Tuesday.

As a result, the banana bread (yum yum) and the cheese and onion loaf (yum yum) remain untouched - well, OK, I confess, almost untouched -and at least some of it will need to go into hibernation (aka the freezer). How on earth did we manage before freezers, I wonder. It was a whole different way of managing things, wasn't it, and must have been hard for people living on their own. Where there were several children, the loaf and the banana bread wouldn't have lasted beyond tea time! :0) I look forward to more baking and cooking once I retire, but I wonder whether I will be able to do all that much, given that I am single. I'll have to adopt a family or two!


Photos - Indie and kittens

4 comments:

oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.