Monday, 22 March 2010

Monday Evening and Birthday Blog


There's not a lot to write about today. Just a normal Monday at school, playground duty, KS1/FS meeting clashing with Senior Management meeting (so I went to both, one after the other) and home by six.

But today is special for me for one reason. It was a year ago, Sunday, March 22nd, 2009, that I wrote my first blog entry ever here - very uncertain and tentative and wondering if I could manage to keep it up. And yet, here I am, a year later, blog writing having become a habit and quite helpful. I've ranted on occasions, climbed on my soap box, collapsed through it because of the number of recipes I have found and tried, lost no weight whatsoever . . . (deep sighs).

Since then I have opened a Flickr account and, most recently, a Blipfoto account too. But I still have a soft spot for here and this is the first blog I go to each day. I don't have a lot of followers, but that doesn't matter. I would like more comments, but am happy with the ones I get. I'd love to be able to write a blog that is witty, scintillating, charismatic . . . oh, you get the idea. But what you read is what you get and I'm happy with that!


So Happy Birthday to my blog, Diary of a Teacher! Here's to the next year!


Photo: Nice leaves on a bush in the garden!

Edited to add - the lemon drizzle cake (second attempt) went down a reat treat at the KS1/FS meeting. :0)

No comments: