Saturday, 20 March 2010

Later on Saturday morninmg


. . . and I may not be out of my bedclothes yet, but I've been busy.

Remember I said earlier that I was going to do some shifting stuff into the garage? well, a short time after that I looked out and lo and behold it was tipping down! It still is a bit wet. So I've been creative. First of all I made some shortbread biscuits from a recipe Annabeth gave me (many thanks). Delicious! Then I decided I would make a cake that I've fancied making for a while. The recipe can be found here on the wonderful La Recette de Jour blog (it's all in English, never fear). To make it, one of the items needed is 'good quality lemon curd'. Well, the best quality I know is home made, so I set to and made a batch of microwave lemon curd. It takes under ten minutes and tastes absolutely wonderful. WhenI got out the ingredients for the cake, however, I realised that I didn't have enough SR flour, so that will have to wait. I also set the chicken pieces to marinate in cider, toasted fennel seeds and oil for the FMC recipe. I'm about to go up, get bathed and dressed and pop round the corner to Morrisons, to get what I need. With any luck, by the time that's all done, the weather will have cleared and I can get on with what I planned to do today!

It's lovely, being busy in this way. And as I have to hold a short KS1/FS meeting after school on Monday, some home made lemon drizzle cake will lighten the load considerably!


Photo: Furry snowdrop!

4 comments:

oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.