Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Wednesday morning

. . . and I slept until 7:15 this morning. A most rare occurrence. And I'm feeling a bit better, more just weary, listless and lethargic than anything else now. One more day out of the loop and I'll be back with it again.

I watched the Raymond Blanc programme on BBC2 on Monday. It was interesting, but I didn't find it all that friendly and 'accessible'. Perhaps it was a bit too 'cheffy' for me, I don't know. However, I am going to make the chocolate mousse (has anyone ever seen such HUGE slabs of chocolate before?) as it looks easy and delicious and might slip down a sore throat easily. You can watch it here and the recipe is here. I am reducing the amount quite a lot - I don't want to make that much and I don't have seven eggs!!

I'm just pondering as to whether one could make an equally yummy looking lemon mouse by simply folding egg whites into lemon curd. After all, I have a jar to eat up within the next fortnight!

Apart from that, today is resting and trying to get up to date with the washing and the ironing. So better get started by bringing it all downstairs. Out of sight, out of mind is very true where I am concerned. Maybe, if I keep falling over it all, I will get it done!

No comments: