Monday, 15 February 2010

Monday morning

Good morning. What an icy cold start to the day! There's a heavy frost and it must have been very cold through the night because when I staggered to the loo in the middle of the night the radiators were on.

So - today. First day of the holidays, officially! It's going to start with washing my hair as it feels grubby and grimy, then I need to finish the kitchen ready for the oven repair chap. After that it will be general cleaning and tidying followed by moving stuff from the shed to the garage and then stuff from the house to the shed or to the garage, whichever is more appropriate. Hope it warms up a bit before I start! Actually, thinking about it, I won't be able to get out until the gas man has been as I'm not likely to hear him knock from the back garden., so it may or may not get done.

I have some lemons to use up so will make some lemon curd this afternoon, probably by the microwave method, which is so very quick and easy. You get everything ready and mixed together and then you cook it in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. This is essential if you don't want to end up with lemon flavoured scrambled egg!

Breakfast will be a mushroom omelette, lunch probably beans on toast and dinner will be the pork with spices recipe I mentioned yesterday Maybe I can get my eating back on track this week - if I plan in here it might help a bit.

Better go and start the first bit - hair washing!

No comments: