Sunday, 28 February 2010

FMC 8: AWT's quick biscuits

I used to bake a fair bit when the children were little. Nowadays I don't do all that much, but this morning when I saw this recipe in a new mag, Good To Know Recipes, I thought 'why not?'. So I am doing a FMC this week after all.
As always, I've used what I've got rather than following the recipe totally, so the fruit is 'berries and cherries' rather than dates, raisins and blueberries, because I had a packet that needed using up, and the sugar is a mixture of dark and light muscavado (must get some more). The dough is now rolled into three 'sausages' and is chilling in the fridge, prior to being cut into 1cm thick slices and baked. It says that it will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks, which is worth knowing.
As always, I will let you know. I find AWT's recipes usually work well, so here's hoping.

There's a photo of the results of the original recipe via the link. I'll try to remember to snap mine when they come out of the oven this afternoon!

No comments: