Saturday, 12 September 2009

Saturday morning (early) and . . .

. . . I didn't sleep all that well last night. It might have been the food (too much) or the wine (nearly too much) or just One Of Those Things but, whatever the reason, here I am at the PC before 5:00, downloading resources from the ever wonderful SparkleBox site. Walt and Wilf posters are spread over the floor, as are a set of number words relating to estimation, some counting in twos posters and a set of 'I can write my numbers' certificates. However did we manage before SparkleBox, I wonder?

The meal last night was great fun - DG caused muffled hysteria round the table when he talked about the potential effects of the baked beans he had eaten for tea (yes, he had tea and then tucked away a huge fish pie followed by an apple pie and cream dessert at the pub) and informed the waitress that he would like 'Fish pie with cheesy topping, please, and Mummy says I have got to have the vegetables too'. That's mums for you - spoilsports!!!

Mum and Dad go home today. It's been lovely having them here this week and I will miss them very much. I know I'm lucky to have a home that's big enough to have guests and I appreciate the considerable freedom it gives me. And next Friday, DG is coming round for his monthly 'sleepover at Nan's house'. I wonder what he wants to learn to cook this time . . .

No comments: