Saturday, 30 May 2009

Another Saturday morning.


The sun is shining, it's warm enough to throw all the windows open, the birds are extremely melodious and the air is fresh and sweet. It's a beautiful morning.

We had a lovely time last night, me and two friends. J did mushrooms in garlic butter, I did lasagna with garlic bread and salad and L brought along a fruit flan. That, with generous portions of wine provided a very appropriate backdrop for a really good natter about all sorts of things; it was all great fun.
So now I have a tidy house (always Good Thing), plenty of leftovers for today and the recipe for the mushroom starter, which was absolutely delicious, definitely one to do again before too long.

I'm very tired. I think I have an outer ear infection (I had one last year and it feels similar)and I lay awake in some discomfort for quite a while during the night until I went downstairs to take some paracetamol (which worked). Of course, the surgery isn't open until Monday now, so let's hope it's not too uncomfortable over the weekend. For now, it's another mug of coffee and a sit down with a book in the hopes that I will drop off and have a little snooze before the main events of the day.


Photo: Don't know what it's called, but it's very pretty at the moment.

No comments: