Sunday, 29 March 2009

Good morning!


It's now an hour further on than it would have been yesterday. That didn't stop me from waking up at what seems to be my natural time - before 5:00 a.m. Well, the bedroom clock said 3:45, but we know better, don't we?

I'm very much looking forward to the lighter evenings now. It seems to have been such a gloomy winter one way and another. Our spirits need lifting.

I bought a new printer yesterday. Had to, really, because my faithful HP 1220 was just about dead. It printed ordinary stuff (like the weekly planning) on ordinary paper more or less fine but threw hissy fits if I asked it to do anything out of the ordinary (some people are like that too, I've noticed), like print on speciality paper. I was rather sad because it's been a fantastic printer, often performing well beyond the call of duty, but the recent lack of co-operation was getting somewhat annoying.
RIP HP1220.

The new printer is one of those all singing, all dancing printer/scanner/copier things, with slots in the side for memory cards. Whether it lasts as long as the 1220 remains to be seen, but seeing as it was only a fraction of the cost, I doubt it! It's faster, but noisier, and it seems to do a reasonable job on fast draft, which is what I normally use.

The big plus is that it's a lot smaller (the 1220 printed up to A3 size) so I've been able to move everything around on my desk, decommission my scanner and now there's a lot more space.
I bet that won't last for long though!!


Photo: A tidy downstairs (taken just before the KS1 social on Friday). Bet that won't last for long either!

No comments: